What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team and build our web application. You will be working on our dashboard where our users can create engaging automated conversations with their customers and track the performance of their marketing campaigns. Help us create a better customer experience that goes beyond newsletters. You will work closely with our product and design team and have a chance to design and plan new features together. We encourage you to bring your ideas forward, be it an introduction of a new technology or an improvement to our product.
What will I do?
- Work with a React-Redux application dashboard that our merchants use to modify settings, build campaigns and see analytics
- Excessively use React Hooks and rely on exciting libraries like immer, reselect or redux-toolkit
- Develop, debug and refine our Dashboard
- Partner with designers to create satisfying user experiences
- Take care of our code written with Preact that are embedded into the webshops and provide UI elements & tracking functionalities
- Opportunity to also work on backend services (most of them are written in NodeJS but we use Golang as well)
- Conduct code reviews and helping other team members
- Assist the product development team by providing insights into possible tech solutions
- e2e test with Cypress, unit test with Jest and using React Testing Library
What are the required skills?
- Significant hands-on experience with React
- Experience in frontend development on high-availability SaaS applications
- At least 5 years of experience in a software engineering role
- Familiarity with NodeJS build process
- Site-building experience
- Product sense, pragmatism and engineering mindset
- Comfortable working in smaller teams and change priorities when necessary
- Ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity in the company - we don't just encourage ownership, we make you a true owner with well-above-the-average stock options.
- Benefits (vary by location)
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible working hours - good work-life balance goes a long way
- Remote and hybrid work - you can join us in our Budapest offices or you can work from wherever you want in Europe
- We'll provide your gear: MacBook Pro + display + headphones with quality microphone
- A hard-working and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- We are transparent: We communicate clean and clear and stay away from assumptions. You will always know what's going on within the company. The regular CEO free-to-talk sessions are also one of the manifestations of transparency: every question gets an answer.
- We are customer-centric: Our most important investors are our customers. We go above and beyond to serve them, understand their problems, their feedbacks, and based on the learnings, we continuously improve Recart.
- We work hard but stay human: We're ambitious people who are building something great... but still people. We treat each other with dignity and empathy.
- We are bullish on our big goals and flexible on the details.
- We win and grow together. We support and encourage each other. We continuously seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Experience with TypeScript, NodeJS, or Golang is great but not necessary, you can learn them at Recart