We help brands to reach their customers where they are: on their phones.
Recart is an omnichannel text marketing platform for e-commerce that helps Shopify brands automate customer outreach via text messages. We power marketing teams to build automated messaging flows on Facebook Messenger and SMS.
With the rising ad, product, and shipping costs all over the world, communicating directly and effectively with customers became more important than ever in e-commerce.
Recart text marketing for e-commerce
- Our product is designed for today's marketers in mind:
- Top-performing opt-in tools ensure that brands convert at least 10% of their visitors into Messenger/SMS subscribers,
- Sophisticated automated flows ensure that customers receive the right messages at the right time in their customer journey,
- Segmented promotional campaigns that allow merchants to promote their products in an interesting way and avoid spam.
Brands drive 15-19% of their total revenue from text marketing - when their strategy is set up correctly. Text marketing is extremely efficient thanks to the high (almost 100%) open rates: an average text promotion is almost 10x more efficient compared to a promotional email campaign. As people spend more and more time on their phones, text marketing becomes a new norm of marketing communication.
Our mission is to grow e-commerce merchants with text marketing programs and allow them to connect with their customers on any chat channels they prefer: SMS, Messenger, Whatsapp, RCS, iMessage
A brief history of the company
We've been around since 2016 and today, we already help 13k+ active Shopify merchants to grow with marketing messages that have 98% open rates. Recart is a US company founded by Hungarian marketers. Therefore, the product development team is in Budapest where the engineering talent pool is great and wages give us a competitive advantage.
In 2017, we delivered the world's first marketing e-commerce marketing automation on Facebook Messenger and from 0 to 10k active users 100% organically. However, we became popular at the long tail of Shopify (low-value, high-churn brands, like dropshippers) therefore, our organic growth wasn't sustainable.
In early 2019, we decided to change that and attack the mid and upmarket of Shopify. In order to do that, we needed money to rebuild the product for bigger clients and to start building out our US operations. The same year, we raised $2.6m to do just that.
Our upmarket movement started delivering results in 2020, we increased our ARPU by 300%. In July 2021, we started feeling confident about the product and the growth, so decided to raise our next round. We closed $3.5m this time to further support our upmarket movement, this time with sales & marketing involved.
What will you do as a Head of Product?
- Most importantly, you will direct all of our product management efforts: be the custodian of the product vision, own the product roadmap, establish repeatable prioritization and planning processes and own the overall strategy for our new features. You will lead all efforts right from concept, and discovery to release and launch.
- You will be responsible for managing a team of 4 people (2 PMs, a UX designer, and a Product Analyst).
- Report to our CEO.
- You’ll be working directly with our CEO and CTO on the overall product strategy and vision. This role requires you to get close to the problems and needs and then transfer this into the product strategy.
- Deeply understand how customers are using our product and the full product lifecycle.
- You will be working collaboratively with the sales, marketing, customer success and engineering teams to support the broader growth strategy.
- You have proven track record of growing a B2B SaaS product and having significant and quantifiable impacts on it (e-commerce sector is a huge plus).
- You have the mentality to work at a startup: you want to grow something big in the next couple of years and have a strong bias to action and a sense of curiosity. You enjoy working hard, getting things done and delivering a great impact.
- You coordinated multiple tracks of discovery and delivery features for product teams.
- You understand how customers think and feel and have experience acting as the voice of the customer.
- Leadership skills - you have relevant experience in resource planning of teams and leading them to achieve goals on time, successfully hiring and operating teams.
- You are able to inspire the team, and push people to grow. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say and you hold your team to this standard. You build consensus by default but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace and people love working with you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- An exciting product with an established name that can be marketed well in the ecommerce ecosystem.
- Significant equity in the company - as one of our leaders, we make you a true owner with well-above-the-average stock options. We want you to work hard and get rewarded for it.
- Benefits (vary by location).
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible working hours - a good work-life balance goes a long way.
- We'll provide your gear: Macbook Air + monitor + high-quality headphones.
- A hard-working and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- We are transparent: We communicate clean and clear and stay away from assumptions. You will always know what's going on within the company. The regular CEO free-to-talk sessions are also one of the manifestations of transparency: every question gets an answer.
- We are customer-centric: Our most important investors are our customers. We go above and beyond to serve them, understand their problems, and their feedback, and based on the learnings, we continuously improve Recart.
- We work hard but stay human: We're ambitious people who are building something great... but still people. We treat each other with dignity and empathy.
- We are bullish on our big goals and flexible on the details.
- We win and grow together. We support and encourage each other. We continuously seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.