What is Recart?
We help brands to reach their customers where they are: on their phones.
Recart is an omnichannel text marketing platform for e-commerce that helps Shopify brands automate customer outreach via text messages. We power marketing teams to build automated messaging flows on Facebook Messenger and SMS.
With the rising ad, product, and shipping costs all over the world, communicating directly and effectively with customers became more important than ever in ecommerce.
Recart text marketing for ecommerce
Our product is designed for today's marketers in mind:
- Top-performing opt-in tools ensure that brands convert at least 10% of their visitors into Messenger/SMS subscribers,
- Sophisticated automated flows ensure that customers receive the right messages at the right time in their customer journey,
- Segmented promotional campaigns that allow merchants to promote their products in an interesting way and avoid spam.
Brands drive 15-19% of their total revenue from text marketing - when their strategy is set up correctly. Text marketing is extremely efficient thanks to the high (almost 100%) open rates: an average text promotion is almost 10x more efficient compared to a promotional email campaign. As people spend more and more time on their phones, text marketing becomes a new norm of marketing communication.
Our mission is to grow e-commerce merchants with text marketing programs and allow them to connect with their customers on any chat channels they prefer: SMS, Messenger, Whatsapp, RCS, iMessage
A brief history of the company
We've been around since 2016 and today, we already help 13k+ active Shopify merchants to grow with marketing messages that have 98% open rates. Recart is a US company founded by Hungarian marketers. Therefore, the product development team is in Budapest where the engineering talent pool is great and wages give us a competitive advantage.
In 2017, we delivered the world's first marketing e-commerce marketing automation on Facebook Messenger and from 0 to 10k active users 100% organically. However, we became popular at the long tail of Shopify (low-value, high-churn brands, like dropshippers) therefore, our organic growth wasn't sustainable.
In early 2019, we decided to change that and attack the mid and upmarket of Shopify. In order to do that, we needed money to rebuild the product for bigger clients and to start building out our US operations. The same year, we raised $2.6m to do just that.
Our upmarket movement started delivering results in 2020, we increased our ARPU by 300%. In July 2021, we started feeling confident about the product and the growth, so decided to raise our next round. We closed $3.5m this time to further support our upmarket movement, this time with sales & marketing involved.
That's where the marketing role opening comes in: we are looking for our future marketer to help get us to $20m ARR by building a marketing machine that covers the full customer lifecycle, from lead generation to expansion.
Our NRR is already strong (148%) so the position will be more focused on pipeline and lead generation in the first 6 months.
What will you do?
- Generate $700k in ARR in Q3-4, closed by the sales and success teams (new biz/expansion)
- Make Recart a well-known brand that Shopify marketers trust. Tell the story of why text marketing is a must-have in their stack and how they can use sophisticated automation and segmented campaigns to add +19% revenue to their revenue flow while providing an excellent experience to subscribers.
- Build a marketing engine for merchants that lets them know about the problem/opportunity, turns them into leads, then opportunities, and help the Success team with expansion.
- Clearly explain to our audience what's the ROI of using Recart. Especially what the impact of using text on marketing results (OR, CTR, AOV, CPC)
- You want to join a startup in its most exciting moment: growth stage.
- You're data-driven and you're interested in scalable marketing processes.
- Passion for learning. You want to learn and improve every day.
- Open to working in an international environment (early calls with Europe)
- You have at least 3 years of experience in B2B SaaS marketing and/or eCommerce
- SMB experience - you worked in a high-velocity B2B SaaS, with ACVs between $1k and $25k
- Track record of prioritizing ideas to be implemented by the team
- Ownership - you are able to own the entire marketing department
- Ability to build a growth machine based on data, automation, experiments
Nice to have
- Martech - you know the ins and outs of e-commerce marketing automation and retention
What we offer
- The opportunity to build and scale a hungry, data-driven marketing team from the ground up.
- An exciting product with an established name that can be marketed well in the ecommerce ecosystem.
- Significant equity in the company - as one of our leaders, we make you a true owner with well-above-the-average stock options. We want you to work hard and get rewarded for it.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible working hours - a good work-life balance goes a long way.
- Remote and hybrid work - you can join us in our Budapest / Philadelphia offices or you can work from wherever you want as long as you can do ET hours.
- We'll provide your gear: MacBook Pro + display + headphones with quality microphone
- A hard-working and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- We are transparent: We communicate clean and clear and stay away from assumptions. You will always know what's going on within the company. The regular CEO free-to-talk sessions are also one of the manifestations of transparency: every question gets an answer.
- We are customer-centric: Our most important investors are our customers. We go above and beyond to serve them, understand their problems, their feedback, and based on the learnings, we continuously improve Recart.
- We work hard but stay human: We're ambitious people who are building something great... but still people. We treat each other with dignity and empathy.
- We are bullish on our big goals and flexible on the details.
- We win and grow together. We support and encourage each other. We continuously seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.