What is Recart?
Recart is a mobile marketing platform that helps ecommerce brands reach their customers on Facebook Messenger. Using Recart, marketers rapidly grow their email, SMS, and Messenger lists at the same time. With our real-time behavioral data, Recart automatically engages and opens automated two-way conversations with customers on Facebook Messenger.
We deliver messages for all major ecommerce use cases - abandoned cart, receipts, shipping notifications, product recommendations, one-off promotions with almost 100% open, and 30%+ engagement rates. Thousands of Shopify stores use Recart actively and see an average 61x return on their investment.
We recently raised $3.5M to double our product engineering team in Hungary and accelerate growth in 2021.
For further info, please check our website, our Shopify App page and our blog.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in Europe. You can use our Budapest office but you can also work from anywhere in Europe.
This is an entirely new opening in the intersection of growth and engineering. As a Growth Data Engineer, you'll use data and automation to equip the sales, success, and marketing teams with all the data and technical tools they need to succeed, delivering massive impact on our revenue growth and retention.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for an individual with exceptional business and coding skills. If you love the business side of things (sales, marketing, success, strategy), have 2+ years software engineering experience, and want to deliver a direct impact on a fast-growing startup - please read on.
First of all, you must be an exceptional learner. This position requires a growth mindset - you must learn extremely fast, be open to feedback and implement changes to your processes.
You are a seasoned engineer who has experience with technologies like NodeJS, Go, Python, SQL and NoSQL databases, AWS, distributed systems.
You already have some business (sales or marketing) experience, you understand what makes a business purchase from another business (B2B). You love using data for your decisions and eliminate guesswork as much as possible. You automate what you can to eliminate repeat tasks in your life.
What you'll do
- Update, monitor and improve our business data infrastructure across the tech stack to ensure data accuracy & centralized data
- You'll move hundreds of millions of data points between our product - marketing - sales - customers success tools to ensure accuracy and drive a direct impact on growth and retention
- Our tech stack: AWS, Segment, Postgres, Zapier, Hubspot, Intercom, Captain Data, Phantombuster, Clearbit, Hunter, Reply.io, Hull.io, Woodpecker; we use Zapier or custom APIs to connect them to each other
- Build scripts, scrapers, and streamlined automations that support revenue growth and strategic decision making
- Create and maintain scrapers that identify business opportunities (purchase intent, similar technology add/drop, surge in traffic/sales, etc)
- Ensure the highest data accuracy on the acquisition pipeline and to provide a scalable business reporting framework within the company
- Manage all scripts, scrapers, automations, and martech/sales tech tools on the acquisition pipeline end to end to and to progress to goals - and provide regular, actionable updates on them
- Conduct continuous data analyses to improve core data-driven processes (lead qualification, source attribution, lead rerouting, marketing funnel)
- Proactively recommend ideas for optimization or improved efficiency & surface unexpected declines in growth stack performance
- Manage ongoing initiatives to improve data infrastructure & integrity necessary to track valuable business insights
- You have a strong growth profile, either on the business or engineering side
- At least some experience in building streamlined automations, scripts, and scrapers and architecting solutions that help business teams simplify, automate, and grow - with the ability to work across the entire stack
- Deep understanding of dataflows and databases and the tools that power marketing automation, experimentation, personalization, attribution, and analytics.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to be hands-on and can analyze, interpret and derive insights into business reports, analytic models, and data sources
- Can build, test, and analyze automations, scripts and scrapers across the tech stack for improvement
- Sharp technical troubleshooting and ability to collaborate with business teams
- A quick learner that values making data-driven recommendations
- Have some experience at least some of the following tools: Amplitude, Apify, Builtwith, Chart.io Dropcontact, Dux-Soup, HubSpot, Hunter.io, Intercom, Pardot, Drift, Marketo, Integromat, Lemlist, N8N, Outreach.io, Reply.io, Segment, Woodpecker, Zapier.
- You understand what is API economy and you like to work with APIs and get the most out of the data they provide
- You're good with SQL (we use Postgres) and you want to learn some MongoDB as well
- You have a basic understanding and experience with cloud providers (we use AWS)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity in the company - we don't just encourage ownership, we make you a true owner with well-above-the-average stock options.
- Benefits (vary by location)
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible working hours - good work-life balance goes a long way.
- Remote and hybrid work - you can join us in our Budapest offices or you can work from wherever you want in Europe.
- We'll provide your gear: MacBook Pro + display + headphones with quality microphone
- A hard-working and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- We are transparent: We communicate clean and clear and stay away from assumptions. You will always know what's going on within the company. The regular CEO free-to-talk sessions are also one of the manifestations of transparency: every question gets an answer.
- We are customer-centric: Our most important investors are our customers. We go above and beyond to serve them, understand their problems, their feedbacks, and based on the learnings, we continuously improve Recart.
- We work hard but stay human: We're ambitious people who are building something great... but still people. We treat each other with dignity and empathy.
- We are bullish on our big goals and flexible on the details.
- We win and grow together. We support and encourage each other. We continuously seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.