Hello there 👋,
As we are continuously growing, the organization is adapting to changes. Currently, we have one full-time engineer working in the platform team making our infrastructure more efficient, but as our product is growing it demands more and more engineering resources. Thus we are looking for a platform engineer to join our team and make Recart work even more efficiently.
What’s the opportunity?
A platform engineer at Recart is responsible for system operations, resilience and availability. While building an infrastructure and tools that help our engineers ship the product in a more efficient way. We are excited about the latest technologies, run experiments to test possible new solutions and keep our tech stack up-to-date. We have a distributed system with 80+ microservices and face pretty exciting scaling and architecture challenges, so you’ll definitely get interesting insights and useful experience.
How does our infra look like?
- Auto-scaling distributed system with 80+ microservices
- Running on AWS spot instances with Amazon EKS
- Docker, Terraform, automated CI/CD pipeline (CodeShip, Spinakker)
- Most of our production back-end services are written in NodeJS but we also use Go
- We use a combination of MongoDB, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
What will I do?
- Design, build and operate our highly-available infrastructure
- Constantly improve our deployment pipelines
- Get your hands dirty with everything that might revolve around the tech stack of Recart: from TCPdump to writing a new object-based caching solution
- Participate in architecture discussions and decisions
- Finetuning our alerting, monitoring and tracing systems (Datadog)
What skills do I need?
- A solid understanding of the Linux ecosystem
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience with distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of computer networks
- The ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
- Experience with Kubernetes is a great advantage