The story behind looking for a Go developer
aka What’s the opportunity?
At Recart, when we are hiring engineers, we are not focusing on technologies or programming languages, because these are tools that you can learn on the way. Of course, you will have an advantage if you have experience working with technologies that we use. However, we won't ask you to elaborate under the hood operations of JS promises or event loops by heart. We are looking for problem-solving engineers, and you can come from any background, might that be C#, C++, Java, Scala, Haskell, Ruby, Python, etc. Now we are making an exception.
What will I do?
- Build and scale our Messaging services (personalization and segmentation services)
- Participate in design & architecture discussions
- Help the product development team by providing insights into the possible tech solutions, their implications, and the required effort
- Work under the hood of our chatbot's engine
- Conduct code reviews and help other team members
- Get involved in scaling the engineering team and shape our processes
What skills do I need?
- Knowledge of Go design patterns
- Experience with Protocol Buffers and remote procedure call frameworks (preferably gRPC)
- You know several ways to nicely test your Go code besides using only the standard library (e.g., testify, go-spew)
- You are confident to make architectural decisions
- Ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
*Relevant experience with Node.js is a huge plus but not necessary