What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our Platform team. We are excited about the latest technologies, run experiments to test possible new solutions, and keep our tech stack up-to-date. We have a distributed system with 80+ microservices and face pretty exciting scaling and architecture challenges, so you’ll definitely get interesting insights and useful experience.
With an agile mindset and keen on research, we aim to respond to market changes as quickly as we can.
How does our infra look like?
- Auto-scaling distributed system with 80+ microservices
- Running on AWS spot instances with Amazon EKS
- Docker, Terraform, automated CI/CD pipeline
- Most of our production back-end services are written in NodeJS but we also use Go
- We use a combination of MongoDB, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
What will I do?
- Design, build and operate our highly-available infrastructure
- Constantly improve our deployment pipelines
- Get your hands dirty with everything that might revolve around the tech stack of Recart: from TCPdump to writing a new object-based caching solution
- Participate in architecture discussions and decisions
- Moving to multiple data centers is under consideration, that also brings interesting challenges
What skills do I need?
- A solid understanding of the Linux ecosystem
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience with distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of computer networks
- The ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
- Experience with Kubernetes is a great advantage