What is Recart?
Recart is a messaging marketing platform that helps ecommerce brands reach their customers on mobile phones. Using Recart, marketers rapidly grow their email, SMS, and Messenger lists at the same time. Using our real-time behavioral data, Recart automatically engages and opens automated two-way conversations with customers on Facebook Messenger.
We deliver messages for all major ecommerce use cases - abandoned cart, receipts, shipping notifications, product recommendations, one-off promotions with almost 100% open, and 30%+ engagement rates. Thousands of Shopify stores use Recart actively and see an average 61x return on their investment.
For further info, please check our website, our Shopify App page, or our blog.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America or Europe. (Once office life returns, you can use our offices in NYC and Budapest but you can continue to work from anywhere until you stay in compatible time zones.)
Who are we looking for?
"When sales sell the product, that's the initial sale. After that, the CS sells the product every single month."
We're looking for a Head of Customers Success with ecommerce/martech background. If you love ecommerce and marketing and have experience building and operating a customer success team and its processes - please read on.
In this role, you must act as a player-coach first. We have initial onboarding and retention processes that you'll take to the next level. In order to do that, you'll improve our onboarding and retention strategy of our clients and manage a 5-people team that executes that strategy.
First of all, you must be an exceptional customer success manager. You’ll make sure our most important clients are successful with Recart. As Head of Customer Success, you’ll become the chief mobile marketing strategist of our brands, developing and executing their messaging marketing strategies. You understand what drives the best ROI for clients of martech companies and you can build processes that ensure successful onboarding and retention of those customers.
Secondly, you're a great manager and communicator. You can comfortably manage a 5-people Customer Success team distributed all over the world in different time zones. You're a master of async communication and leverage tools like Slack, Zoom, Notion, Asana, Trello, etc.
Lastly, you're the most customer-centric person in the room. You go above and beyond for your most important customers and you ensure that no question or concern remains unanswered.
What will you do?
- Manage a 5-8 ppl team that will be responsible for reaching 125% annual revenue retention and close $750k ARR by EOY 2021.
- Develop and operate the onboarding and retention processes at Recart. Once a merchant decides to use Recart, you and your team will help them onboard and understand the product. You'll lay out the messaging marketing strategy of the merchant and define success with measurable KPIs. You and your team will continuously work towards hitting those KPIs.
- You'll be responsible for the retention and expansion KPIs at Recart, including: activation rate, revenue churn, upsellsand net revenue retention.
- Collaborate with our product team to build a better Recart. Our most important clients' feedback is very important for us - you'll help us translate their feedback into feature requests.
- Work very close to the marketing teams of our most innovative brands like BlendJet, AX Paris, and Motel Rocks to deliver a new level of messaging marketing to them. You'll use your learnings to produce case studies like these and develop & test new use messaging marketing use cases. (Recent use case discovered by Customer Success teams: automated Messenger message when a recurring charge fails on customers card.)
- Manage and edit customer success related internal and external content.
- Analyze large sets of customer data to identify roadblocks in activation, feature usage and retention using Chartio or SQL.
- Virtually meet with customers to drive feature usage and account expansion by doing feature demos and webinars for existing customers.
- 3+ years of experience in ecommerce, SaaS, and/or Customer Success
- You have at least a year of management experience.
- You have exceptional writing abilities. You regularly produce and distribute content.
- You have a proven track record of driving measurable success to business clients with ecommerce or martech tools.
- You are a great communicator. You proactively communicate with your teammates on Slack.
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail.
- You’re a natural educator and excellent researcher - you do a deep dive on topics, enough to communicate nuance and authority. You love helping people understand.
- You have a passion for building and maintaining relationships while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals.
- You want to grow something big in the next couple of years. You enjoy working hard and delivering a great impact to an organization.
- Experience at B2B ecommerce startup
- Experience working remotely
- Experience conducting successful sales or marketing campaigns
- Experience building and managing a team
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity in the company. We believe Customer Success is one of the most important functions of our company and our stock compensation reflects that. If you excel at this role, you'll become one of the top shareholders across our employees.
- Benefits (vary by location)
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible working hours - good work-life balance goes a long way.
- Remote and hybrid work - you can join us in our NYC and Budapest offices or you can work from wherever you want.
- We'll provide your gear: Macbook Pro or equivalent + monitor.
- A hard-working and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- We're transparent: We communicate clean and clear and stay away from assumptions. You know what's going on in the company. The regular CEO free-to-talk sessions are also one of the manifestations of this: every question gets an answer.
- We're customer-centric: Our most important investors are our customers. We go above and beyond to serve them, understand their problems, their feedback, and based on the learnings, we continuously improve Recart.
- We work hard but stay human: We're ambitious people who are building something great... but still people. We treat each other with dignity and empathy.
- We're bullish on our big goals and flexible on the details.
- We win and grow together. We support and encourage each other. We continuously seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Join as as Head of Customer Success
The best we can offer is the opportunity: you'll be part of building the future of marketing in a fast-growing space, ecommerce. In case you meet our criteria, don't hesitate to apply and send us some of your sample works. We value the time you took to understand our expectations, read a bit about us and submit your application, so we promise you the following:
- you'll receive the first response in 24 hours
- you'll receive insightful feedback throughout the interview process
- you'll be interviewed by our CEO and so you the chance to ask him anything
We look forward to hearing from you.