What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join us as a Senior Software Developer. We are excited about the latest technologies, run experiments to test possible new solutions and keep our tech stack up-to-date. We have a distributed system with 80+ microservices and face pretty exciting scaling and architectural challenges, so you’ll definitely get interesting insights and useful experience.
With an agile mindset and keen on research, we aim to respond to market changes as quickly as we can.
What will I do?
- Architect and build our back-end systems in Node.js and in Go: approximately 70% of our services are written in Node.js and the remaining 30% in Go
- Participate in design & architecture discussions
- Influence the direction of Recart, help set strategic goals regarding the infrastructure and architecture of the system
- Help the product development team by providing insights into the possible tech solutions, their implications and the required effort
- Conduct code reviews and help other team members
- Get involved in scaling the engineering team and shape our processes
What skills do I need?
- Vast experience in software craftsmanship
- Relevant experience in developing feature-heavy applications with any modern programming language
- Desire to learn Node.js and Go
- Familiarity with the challenges of designing distributed systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and partners
- Ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
*Relevant experience with Golang is a huge plus, but not necessary